CO2RE® Intima Vaginal Rejuvenation
What is CO2RE INTIMA vaginal rejuvenation?
CO2RE INTIMA vaginal laser is a micro ablative fractional CO2 laser, FDA approved, used to treat both internal and external vaginal area in the office, with NO downtime, NO needles, NO surgery.
What conditions are treated with CO2RE INTIMA?
- Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Laxity After Childbirth
- Vulvovaginal Atrophy
- Genitourinary Syndrome Of Menopause
- Vaginal Burning
- Leaky Bladder
- Painful Sex
- Post Breast Cancer Survivors.
- Lichen Sclerosis
The CO2 laser is well known to stimulate collagen production, activates the fibroblasts, and neovascularization of the vaginal tissue to improve moisturization, lubrication, sensation, and laxity.
The treatment itself is painless. Some patients report mild discomfort with the laser handpiece tip insertion during the first procedure due to vaginal dryness. Our physician can apply local anesthetic if needed.
Many patients have reported that they experience relief right away. Virtually most of our patients have experienced relief after the 2 to 3 treatments.
CO2RE INTIMA laser at ShanthalaMD performed for patients with
- A Normal Pap Smear, Recent Exam, And Clearance By Their Gynecologist.
- NO History Of Any Precancerous Lesions Or Genital Herpes
- NO History Of Active Infections
- NO History Of Previous Genital Herpes
- CO2RE® Intima Offers Solutions For A Range Of Intimate Aesthetic Procedures.
- Treatments Are Safe And Effective With Mild To No Discomfort, And With Little Downtime.
There are several studies showing that the CO2RE INTIMA laser improves the quality of life.
Dr. Shanthala Shivananjappa MD
Dr. Shanthala is a board-certified, Harvard trained anesthesiologist, assistant professor at Yale University, and staff at Massachusetts General Hospital prior to opening her cosmetic medicine clinic. Her extensive experience working with plastic surgical patients in the operating room for more than 25 years, paired with years of training in non-surgical cosmetic procedures, has enabled Dr. Shanthala to have a unique perspective on Anti-aging treatments.