Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) or Vampire Facial in Boston
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments are based on the regenerative property of our body. The activated platelet-rich plasma releases several growth factors which are ultimately going to stimulate the stem cells to make new collagen and tissue. PRP uses plasma from your own blood which is injected back into the tissues of your skin and sometimes applied topically as well.
What are the conditions treated by Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy?
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Hair Loss Treatment
- O- Shot procedure
- P-Shot procedure
- Vampire Facelift
- Vampire Facial
The concentrated platelets in PRP contain tremendous amounts of bioactive proteins containing specific growth factors that promote tissue repair, angiogenesis (capillary formation), and collagen production. These growth factors initiate accelerated tissue repair and have positive effects on skin rejuvenation.
Studies have shown that PRP treatment can help with the following conditions
- Rejuvenate the skin
- Eliminate wrinkles
- Improve facial volume
- Hair restoration
- Improve the appearance of acne scarring, stretch marks
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Helps Erectile Dysfunction
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Speed up the healing process after an abrasive facial procedure
- Another popular use for PRP is in the Post Procedure Process for many laser treatments and microneedling procedures. This allows patients to heal faster, greatly reducing recovery times and improving overall results of the treatment.
The Process of PRP treatment is as follows.
- The patient’s own blood is drawn into a specially prepared test tube
- The tube is then placed in a centrifuge to separate the platelets
- The separated platelets are then activated with calcium
- The activated platelets are then injected into the target area using a very small needle