5 Things to Know Before Your First Botox Appointment
In the world of aesthetic enhancement, things have truly changed a great deal over the years. It seems like every other day, some new procedure or skincare treatment comes about, offering clients everything under the sun! And while some of these procedures are the real deal, actually providing great results, the vast majority come and go, without so much as a wrinkle gone.
But, for nearly 2 decades, one name has stood out above the pack, providing clients with amazing results, and helping them turn back the clock – creating, smooth, soft, ageless skin – the world-famous Botox. Whether you’re in New York City, Los Angeles, or Boston Botox is a name that will always ring out, and while many have mixed emotions when they hear the name, the fact remains that Botox has been the number one cosmetic treatment for both men and women of all ages, for over 15 years. In the last year alone, Botox accounted for nearly 50% of all cosmetic treatments amongst women.
At Shanthala MD MedSpa and Laser Center, one of the best Boston Botox specialist, Dr. Shanthala has helped countless women reduce the presence of wrinkles, expression lines, blemishes and more with Botox. Her years of experience, and dedication to her patients, has allowed many to consider her the best Boston Botox specialist. Despite being so effective, and by far the most popular procedure in the world of aesthetic enhancement, many still are truly uneducated on the basics of Botox – and know nothing more than what they’ve seen on episodes of the Real Housewives. To better help you understand what you need to know about Botox, Dr. Shanthala offers these important things to know before your first appointment.
- Botox is Truly Ageless While pop culture leads us to believe that Botox is almost exclusively for older, upper-class women in their 60’s and 70’s. In reality, Botox works on men and women of all ages, and many Botox patients are in their 30’s and 40’s, some are even in their mid-to-late 20’s! Sure, the main function of Botox is to alleviate the presence of wrinkles and expression lines, and most people with wrinkles are of an advanced age. But the fact is that many young people have wrinkles as well, with many young men experiencing forehead lines and young women dealing with nasolabial folds and under-eye wrinkles. According to Boston Botox specialist, Dr. Shanthala, Botox also offers preventative help as well. It works by stifling the muscles beneath the face temporarily, the same action that helps treat wrinkles, prevents them from developing as well.
- An Actual Neurotoxin Now this is the part that may scare some clients off, but with years of results you can tell that with proper administration by a well-trained professional like Dr. Shanthala, Botox is 100% safe. Botox works using an actual neurotoxin known as the botulinum-A toxin, which is found in the bacteria Clostridium botulinum – the same toxin that causes botulism. In essence, it is diluted and injected into your muscles within your face to block certain facial expressions, by temporarily paralyzing the muscle. In doing so, these muscles stop moving and over time, the wrinkles will slowly fade away.
- You Can Still Express Yourself The fact is that while Botox is the most effective cosmetic treatment out there, you will definitely hear the horror stories, that’s unavoidable – but those are almost always cases of allergic reactions that were never discussed with the administrator, or a product of improper, overuse. In the correct concentrations and dosage, Botox is 100% safe. And while it does stifle the facial muscles, this is slight and with proper use you can still smile, cry and express whatever emotions you’d like!
- Bruising and Redness are Normal Its important to understand that it is very likely you will experience some slight bruising and/or redness along the injection sites, immediately after. But this will normally disappear within the first day or even the first few hours – don’t be worried.
- The Timeline When it comes to any aesthetic enhancement treatment, you must be aware of the timeline, and don’t expect your results to be too far off from the norm. According to the best Boston Botox specialist, Dr. Shanthala, depending on the size of the treatment area, and the amount of correction needed, the procedure itself can take anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes. Once it is completed, patients should try and avoid over-exposure to the sun, and heavy exercise for the next day or two. You will start to see some results right away, but the majority of them will be visible within 3 to 5 days. And they can last anywhere from 4-8 months. In order to keep results going, re-administration is recommended. For more information on the benefits of Botox treatment, contact Shanthala MD MedSpa and Laser Center today.