Schedule A Consultation
Bellafill® offers a new level of filler correction. In addition to immediately adding volume to the skin to lift acne scars, Bellafill® helps your skin re-create its own firmer structure for a smoother appearance and lasting results.
What is Bellafill® and how is it unique?
Bellafill® is a smooth, collagen-based filler with PMMA microspheres. The PMMA re-creates the firm structure of smoother looking skin by supporting production of your body’s own collagen.
- The collagen gel in Bellafill® provides immediate volume and lift.
- Over time, the collagen is absorbed by the body. The PMMA microspheres remain in place and create a matrix that supports production of the body’s own collagen for lasting correction.
- The microspheres in Bellafill® are half the diameter of a human hair, so small that they are virtually invisible to the eye. The microspheres are made of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA), a biocompatible material that has been used in medical implants for 65 years.
The beautiful benefits of Bellafill®
- Immediate correction and lasting improvement for pitted scars such as acne scars.
- PMMA helps replace lost collagen by working with your body’s natural processes.
- Over 90% of subjects were satisfied at 12 months (unblinded).
- Injection comfort with 0.3% lidocaine.
- Proven safety profile. An initial skin test for collagen or lidocaine allergy is required in the U.S. and is optional in Canada.
- A simple, in-office treatment with no downtime. You can immediately resume your normal daily activities.
Dr. Shanthala is a beautiful person, inside and out, and this is reflected in her practice, methods and results. She is meticulous and caring; which is a rare combination. You never feel rushed and always feel that you are important. She treats every person as an individual, and she subtly adjusts and accentuates each person’s own beauty. I am so happy with my decision to visit her. I am looking forward to my future services with her and know that I found the perfect fit.
If you’re looking for acne treatment with Bellafill® performed by a physician in and around Peabody and Boston, request a consultation online, or contact us at (978) 854-5035 to schedule your appointment.
Important Safety Information
Bellafill® is indicated for the correction of nasolabial folds and moderate to severe, atrophic, distensible facial acne scars on the cheek in patients over the age of 21 years. Patients who have had a positive reaction to the Bellafill® Skin Test, have a history of severe allergies, have known bovine collagen allergies, are allergic to lidocaine, have bleeding disorders or are prone to thick scar formation and/or excessive scarring should not receive Bellafill®. The safety of Bellafill® for use during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or in patients under 21 has not been established. You may experience temporary swelling, redness, pain, bruising, lumps/bumps, itching, and discoloration at the treatment site. These side effects are usually transient and typically resolve within 1–7 days. You may experience lumps/bumps/papules that may occur more than one month after injection and that may persist. Less common side effects include rash and itching more than 48 hours after treatment, persistent swelling or redness, lumps/bumps, acne, and increased sensitivity at treatment sites. Infrequently, granulomas may occur and may be treated by your licensed physician provider. Be sure to call your licensed provider immediately if you notice any unusual skin reactions around the treatment area. Based on the 5-year Post-Approval Study on nasolabial folds with 1,008 patients, long-term safety of Bellafill® for up to 5 years has been established.